Saturday, July 28, 2018

Reign of Mist by Helen Scheurer Review


Reign of Mist by Helen Scheuerer
September 13, 2018
by Talem Press
Preorder copy here:
Amazon

Reign of Mist
Summary


The realm’s darkest secret is out. The cruelty of the capital and the power-hungry King Arden have scattered Bleak and her companions across the continents. On the run in a foreign land, Bleak finds herself tied to some unexpected strangers. When the answers she yearns for are finally within reach, she must face the hard truths of her past, and take her fate into her own hands before it’s too late Meanwhile, secrets and magic unravel as a dark power corrupts the realm. Bleak’s friends are forced to decide where their loyalties lie, and who, if anyone, they can trust. But one thing is certain: war is coming, and they must all be ready when it does. Intriguing and action-packed, Reign of Mist is the second instalment in Helen Scheuerer’s epic YA fantasy series, The Oremere Chronicles.
-Taken from Goodreads






Review
  
Reign of Mist is the Second installment to Heart of Mist and if you haven't read it yet, you must. So much is uncovered in this second book. So many twist and turns, the secrets revealed and all of the high impact action. Everything in this book was truly magnificent and incredible to read. I seriously fell in love with this series and was so happy that I had Reign of Mist in my hands, once I was done with Heart of Mist. Helen created such a beautiful and exciting story in this realm. I'm in love with all the characters and how they just interact with everything and everyone. The story is so full adventure, beautiful and gripping landscapes that make you wish you were there.

In this second book we again follow Bleak in her adventure of finding out secrets of her past. What actual happened in her former life and what came to be of her home. Bleak has transformed so much in this new book, her growth amazed me. When we first followed Bleak it was so hard for her not to only think about getting drunk or drinking or avoiding everyone. In this book she cared about how she was better of without a drink. How much clearer and coherent her thoughts were. We get to unravel so many secrets of Bleak past and what her role is in this upcoming war. We are also revealed what part Swinton plays in all of this, and all the juicy secrets he's been keeping to himself. 


In all honesty I did not like Swinton at all in Heart of Mist and even in the first half of Reign of mist. But, as soon as his world started to unravel and he had to make harsh and rash decisions. My heart went all towards him. We find out so much about his past and what his true fears are. Swinton and Fiore's friendship is so much fun to read. I love their bromance and how much they truly care for one another. Swinton finally after so long is able to reach out to Fiore about his pasta and his secrets. This opens up their relationship even more. Fiore though has yet to lay bare his secrets, which I am still sitting here patiently waiting.


My all time favorite POV Henri, I cannot amount to how much fangirling I did while reading her perspective. I just can't write in words how I love how badass she is. We get so much more of her relationship with Athene, which I love but can't approve of. Nope! not ever hahaha. 


Helen's writing is amazing, I flew through her words and didn't miss one. I wanted to savour and take in every single word. Her writing is so vivid, beautiful and very detailed, to the point that you can see yourself there. I found myself never looking away or fidget with my phone or something nearby. I wanted to fully cascade into this world. I cannot gush enough about Helen and her writing. I am going to be picking up her Novellas next. Guys there are like 6 novellas and I am dying inside. I cannot wait! OMG!


Make sure to pick up Heart of Mist and the rest of this series, I highly recommend.


5


Post a Comment

Teen Titans Raven by Kami Garcia e-galley Review

Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink Edition Language Series DC Ink amazon   ...

On Instagram

FTC DISCLAIMER

Any books that are reviewed on this site are either gifted to me, won in a giveaway, or purchased. All reviews are honest, and are not swayed by anything. I will note if the books have been gifted or won. Pictures have been taken off of Goodreads or somewhere else if said otherwise. Said pictures are not mine, and I do not hold ownership over them unless stated otherwise.

© throneofshatteredbooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.