Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Teen Titans Raven by Kami Garcia e-galley Review

Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink
Edition Language
Series
amazon 
Summary

When a tragic accident takes the life of seventeen-year-old Raven Roth's foster mom--and Raven's memory--she moves to New Orleans to live with her foster mother's family and finish her senior year of high school.

Starting over isn't easy. Raven remembers how to solve math equations and make pasta, but she can't remember her favorite song or who she was before the accident. When strange things start happening--impossible things--Raven starts to think it might be better not to know who she was in her previous life.

But as she grows closer to her foster sister, Max, her new friends, and Tommy Torres, a guy who accepts her for who she is now, Raven has to decide if she's ready to face what's buried in the past...and the darkness building inside her.

 


* I first want to thank netgalley, dc comics and Sarah Ruiz Hannah for sending me an e-copy of this book for an honest review.* 


Raven has always been my favorite DC Comic super hero from Teen Titans. I always loved her attitude and her powers and when I was young I wanted to be just like her. As soon as I saw this on Netgalley I had to request a copy and so happy I was accepted. 

This was such an easy, fun and fast paced comic. Like Mer I recommend this for younger teens just getting into comic books and don't want that heavy feeling like in real DC comic books. I loved Ravens story in this comic, and would love to read more of her in this world. You kind of get a glimpse into her world and her life if you didn't know her story already. If you read the comics or even seen the show this might be underwhelming for you. This DC comic graphic novels, I feel are targetted to hose younger teens just getting into the DC and Marvel super hero world. This comics aren't dark, they're lighter reads and need new perspectives. 

Other than that I really had fun reading this and can't wait to see which other superheroes we get to see renewed. 


5 ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Without including spoilers here are some of the amazing artwork included in thins comic.


 

These are just some of my favorites I had to show off.




























Post a Comment

Teen Titans Raven by Kami Garcia e-galley Review

Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink Edition Language Series DC Ink amazon   ...

On Instagram

FTC DISCLAIMER

Any books that are reviewed on this site are either gifted to me, won in a giveaway, or purchased. All reviews are honest, and are not swayed by anything. I will note if the books have been gifted or won. Pictures have been taken off of Goodreads or somewhere else if said otherwise. Said pictures are not mine, and I do not hold ownership over them unless stated otherwise.

© throneofshatteredbooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.