Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn

Paperback368 pages
Published April 2nd 2019 by Titan Books
Buy copy here


The Devouring Gray Summary

On the edge of town a beast haunts the woods, trapped in the Gray, its bonds loosening…

Uprooted from the city, Violet Saunders doesn’t have much hope of fitting in at her new school in Four Paths, a town almost buried in the woodlands of rural New York. The fact that she’s descended from one of the town’s founders doesn’t help much, either—her new neighbours treat her with distant respect, and something very like fear. When she meets Justin, May, Isaac, and Harper, all children of founder families, and sees the otherworldly destruction they can wreak, she starts to wonder if the townsfolk are right to be afraid.

When bodies start to appear in the woods, the locals become downright hostile. Can the teenagers solve the mystery of Four Paths, and their own part in it, before another calamity strikes?







Review

I want to first thank Titan books and Netgalley for providing me with an e-arc of this book. I have a physical arc because I traded for it. 

This story follows a group of families who live to protect a town called Four Paths. Four members of four different families joined together to put a terrorizing beast into purgatory and gain some of his powers in order to protect the town. The powers are passed down through the each family, by completing a ritual when that person turns 16. In this Story we follow, Harper, Justin, Issac and Violet. Violet has no clue what she's getting into when her mom and her move back into their home town, due to the death of her sister Rosie. Violet is seemed by the other teenagers because they know who she is a descendant of while she doesn't. The four teenagers are led to a path of pain as well as trying to save their town and themselves no matter what cost.

This book was gripping from the beginning, as so as I started reading I did not want to stop. The first few pages were very intriguing and would grasp you. I loved the story that was told and I enjoyed reading about every character and their secrets. While this book ended in such an interesting note and I loved evrything about the ending and the plot twist. When I got to the middle of that book I almost got into a slump. I didn't really want to pick up the book and keep reading. I sort of force my way through. Maybe its because I'm in school and have loads to study, but as soon as I go through I was able to finish the 100 pages in the day. So I feel like the middle of the book dragged just a bit for me. 

On another note I really enjoyed the book and I cannot wait to read the next, especially after that twist and reveal at the end. I can't wait to see what these characters are capable of.

3.5 













Post a Comment

Teen Titans Raven by Kami Garcia e-galley Review

Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink Edition Language Series DC Ink amazon   ...

On Instagram

FTC DISCLAIMER

Any books that are reviewed on this site are either gifted to me, won in a giveaway, or purchased. All reviews are honest, and are not swayed by anything. I will note if the books have been gifted or won. Pictures have been taken off of Goodreads or somewhere else if said otherwise. Said pictures are not mine, and I do not hold ownership over them unless stated otherwise.

© throneofshatteredbooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.