Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Arc Review of My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows

My Plain Jane
Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows
Published June 26, 2018 by HarperTeen
Purchase book here:
amazon book depository

Summary:

You may think you know the story. After a miserable childhood, penniless orphan Jane Eyre embarks on a new life as a governess at Thornfield Hall. There, she meets one dark, brooding Mr. Rochester. Despite their significant age gap (!) and his uneven temper (!!), they fall in love—and, Reader, she marries him. (!!!)

Or does she?

Prepare for an adventure of Gothic proportions, in which all is not as it seems, a certain gentleman is hiding more than skeletons in his closets, and one orphan Jane Eyre, aspiring author Charlotte Brontë, and supernatural investigator Alexander Blackwood are about to be drawn together on the most epic ghost hunt this side of Wuthering Heights.
-taken from goodreads










Review

I have never read Jane Eyre, and now I feel like I need to. If all classics were remade into something as wonderful and wholesome as this book, I'd pick all of them up. In this book we follow our main character Jane Eyre who is best friends with Charlotte Bronte. Jane works as a teacher in Lowood School, where recently a man named Mr.Brocklehurst was murdered. (not a spoiler) In addition to this, Jane can see ghost, but everyone thinks she's just crazy and plain. We also meet Mr. Blackwood who is part of a society that hunts ghost! This was actually one of my favorite parts of the story. I love a really good ghost hunting. This is where unexpectedly Jane meets Mr.Blackwood, and he is eager to introduce her to the society but she refuses. She wants to be a governess, and ends up accepting an offer at Thornfield hall with Mr.Rochester. 

I don't know if all these characters were in Jane Eyre but I'm eager to now read the book, to see exactly how everything entails. I loved all the twist and turns in this story. How it can be a romantic retelling with a gothic paranormal twist and a series of humor. I loved how enthralled I was as soon as I picked up the book, I didn't want to put it down. I loved the characters, I love how they didn't blend in together. I loved how witty and funny they were. I wish I could have so much more of them. This was such a fun read, I expected to love this book, but not as much as I really do. I can't stop fangirling right now. I wanted to keep this review short and sweet because there not much to say but you need to read this book. I think I loved it mostly because I never read Jane Eyre. If you're someone who loved Jane Eyre and lived by it then you might not like this book. From what I have heard it doesn't follow a lot of the actual story. So, just a warning.

5







Post a Comment

Teen Titans Raven by Kami Garcia e-galley Review

Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink Edition Language Series DC Ink amazon   ...

On Instagram

FTC DISCLAIMER

Any books that are reviewed on this site are either gifted to me, won in a giveaway, or purchased. All reviews are honest, and are not swayed by anything. I will note if the books have been gifted or won. Pictures have been taken off of Goodreads or somewhere else if said otherwise. Said pictures are not mine, and I do not hold ownership over them unless stated otherwise.

© throneofshatteredbooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.