Sunday, September 3, 2017

the unbecoming of mara dyer by Michelle Hodkin




"Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.


It can.


She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. 

There is.


She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. 

She's wrong." 
(Goodreads description because I loved how this was put together)


I went into this book just knowing that it was going to be a creepy paranormal read and that I would probably fall in love with Noah Shaw. Which I did, with every little part of him. I seriously love just how his and Mara's name sound. They are really lovely picks for these characters.

First off, I want to start of with the writing in this book. It was super lovely, and I found myself pages in without noticing how far I was into this book. It was easy to follow along and easy to fall right into every word. I loved Michelle's writing and I'm so eager to keep on her reading her work. 

I really enjoyed reading in the perspective of Mara Dyer. I thought she was an amazing character who wasn't keeping it all together, but it made me want to help pick her up. I loved her witty come backs and the fact that she loved Death Cab for cutie made me love her even more. They were once my favorite band and now I want to get back into them since reading this book. Whislt reading this book I kept catching myself laughing giddily at her comments and interactions with Noah. Talking about Noah, ugh how can a character just be so amazing. I loved his character from the moment he was introduced into the book. I loved how he was always there for Mara no matter what. The fact that he got hell from everyone and still maintained a whole to who he was made me just love him even more. 

Overall, I thought this book was amazing and I really enjoyed the creepy aspect of this book. The plot twist in the end really caught me by surprise and I really can't wait to read the next book!




1 comment

  1. i am a huge fan of noah shaw!!

    muggleboooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Teen Titans Raven by Kami Garcia e-galley Review

Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink Edition Language Series DC Ink amazon   ...

On Instagram

FTC DISCLAIMER

Any books that are reviewed on this site are either gifted to me, won in a giveaway, or purchased. All reviews are honest, and are not swayed by anything. I will note if the books have been gifted or won. Pictures have been taken off of Goodreads or somewhere else if said otherwise. Said pictures are not mine, and I do not hold ownership over them unless stated otherwise.

© throneofshatteredbooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.